Meeting Minutes – August 2018

Posted on 13 August 2018 by TCAF

NOTE:  THESE MINUTES ARE PRELIMINARY AND WILL NOT BE FINAL UNTIL APPROVED, BY MEMBER VOTE, AT THE NEXT CLUB MEETING.  IN THE FUTURE, MINUTES WILL BE POSTED ON THE CLUB WEB PAGE ASAP FOLLOWING EACH MEETING TO ENSURE ALL MEMBERS HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO REVIEW CLUB MEETING MINUTES AS SOON AS POSSIBLE FOLLOWING EACH MEETING.  PLEASE NOTIFY THE CLUB SECRETARY (CURRENTLY GEORGE KEEFE), VIA EMAIL (gkeefe5019@charter.net), OF ANY CORRECTIONS AND/OR ERRORS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE

Meeting called to order:

  • 0900  (09:00am) by Dave Jamrog

Secretary’s Report:

  • Minutes from last meeting posted on TCAF Web page for review.
  • Since meeting minutes will be posted on the Web Page as soon as possible following the meeting, there will not be a complete reading of the past minutes at meetings. (Time Management concerns)
  • Minutes from last meeting approved by member vote

Treasurers Report:

  • Reviewed by Treasurer Dave Verhoff
  • approved by member vote.

Safety Report/Field Maintenance:

  •  Safety Officer John Russcher brief:
  • Reminded all about the importance of periodic range checks to verify range controllability of aircraft
  • Mort Wright also noted the importance of range checks.

Visitors:

  • None

Announcements:

  • Calendar on the website and Facebook updated.

Old Business:

  • Concerns about losing flying field.
  • In the short term we are trying to placate the field owner so we have time to find a new field.
  • We have had a call with Tony Stillman of the AMA. He is their flying site assistance coordinator.  Tony gave us a lot of good ideas and strategy.  He will provide guidance throughout the process.
  • We have a rough draft of a survey for the membership. The survey should be sent out within the next two weeks.  It will be available on either paper or online.  We are hoping everyone will participate.
  • Scott Storteboom began to look into a question of how someone could make a larger donation to the club.  This lead to non-profit registration questions. This is beyond what we are currently doing by collecting donations at hot dog night.
    • The AMA also suggests that clubs become registered with the IRS as a non-profit.  However, the AMA is also very quick to say they don’t give legal advise.  They have a short paper on the topic.
    • Scott spoke with an attorney who specializes in non-profit law.  He was advised that the club should file for an IRS 501c3 non-profit designation.  To do this, the club’s Articles of Incorporation would need to be updated with some IRS specific language and a very wide club purpose.  The club would adopt a conflict of interest policy.  There are standard ones for us to use.  The club would also have to approve a resolution authorizing the board to proceed with obtaining a 501c3 non profit status.
    • Cost for obtaining IRS 501c3 status = $275 IRS filing fee, $20 for Michigan filing fees, $1,250 for attorney fee.
    • Going forward the club would have to file electronically a very short form each year.  The club could do this on their own and there is no IRS fee for the filing.
    • During the discussion, Eric mentioned that he knows an attorney that he would like to discuss this with.  He will coordinate with Scott for the next meeting.
    • The club decided that discussion of this item should continue at the September meeting.

New Business:

  • Rich Moore’s widow donated a grill cover to the club. The Club’s thanks go out to Jan Moore.  Dave Jamrog stated that he will send out a thank you note.
  • The question was asked if we still need the 72 mghz flight board. The answer by the members was a yes.
  • All members were reminded to complete the survey sent out by Scott.
  • Some members recommended installing a gate on the drive and cameras to monitor personal arrivals.
  • Elections for 2019 Club Officers is coming up in September. Start thinking about your candidates.

Events:

  • For all planned events dates and times, please refer to the Club calendar on our Web and Face Book pages.

Comments and Questions:                                                                                   

  • None

Next Meeting:

  • Saturday, 08 Stember 2018 at 0900(9AM) at the field.

Meeting Adjouned:

  • 0945 (09:45am) meeting adjorned.

Attendees:

  • Justin Boetsma, Eric Cederholm, Mike Gronback, Dave Jamrog, George Keefe, Bob Kovacs, Bill Porter, John Russcher, Lucas Russcher, Ryan Storteboom, Scott Storteboom, Michael VanAanhold, David Verhoef, Ray Weller, Mort Wright

 

Meeting Minutes – July 2018

NOTE:  THESE MINUTES ARE PRELIMINARY AND WILL NOT BE FINAL UNTIL APPROVED, BY MEMBER VOTE, AT THE NEXT CLUB MEETING.  IN THE FUTURE, MINUTES WILL BE POSTED ON THE CLUB WEB PAGE ASAP FOLLOWING EACH MEETING TO ENSURE ALL MEMBERS HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO REVIEW CLUB MEETING MINUTES AS SOON AS POSSIBLE FOLLOWING EACH MEETING.  PLEASE NOTIFY THE CLUB SECRETARY (CURRENTLY GEORGE KEEFE), VIA EMAIL (gkeefe5019@charter.net), OF ANY CORRECTIONS AND/OR ERRORS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE

Meeting called to order:

  • ~1830  (06:30PM) by Dave Jamrog

Secretary’s Report:

  • Minutes from last meeting posted on TCAF Web page for review.
  • Since meeting minutes will be posted on the Web Page as soon as possible following the meeting, there will not be a complete reading of the past minutes at meetings. (Time Management concerns)
  • Minutes from last meeting approved by member vote

Treasurers Report:

  • Reviewed by Treasurer Dave Verhoff
  • approved by member vote.

Safety Report/Field Maintenance:

  •  Safety Officer John Russcher brief:
  • No issues reported.

Visitors:

  • None

Announcements:

  • Calendar on the website and Facebook are updated.

Old Business:

  • Concerns about losing flying field.
  • In the short term we are trying to placate the field owner so we have time to find a new field.
  • We have had a call with Tony Stillman of the AMA. He is their flying site assistance coordinator.  Tony gave us a lot of good ideas and strategy.  He will provide guidance throughout the process.
  • We have a rough draft of a survey for the membership. The survey should be sent out within the next two weeks.  It will be available on either paper or online.  We are hoping everyone will participate.
  • Tony Stillman suggested that we create a short document that discusses what we do to help with providing information to potential land owners. This is our next task.

New Business:

  • Dave Jamrog and Dave Ver Hoef are trying to catch Steve to discuss weeds in the pond.

Events:

  • For all planned events dates and times, please refer to the Club calendar on our Web and Face Book pages.

Comments and Questions:                                                                                   

Next Meeting:

  • Wednesday, 11 July 2018 at 1800(6PM)at the field. July hotdog night is also at this time.

Meeting Adjouned:

  • Time adjourned not recorded.

Attendees:

Scott Storteboom, Dave J. Dave VH., Mike T, Ray W., Larry W., Bill P.,  (a complete muster was not obtained)

 

Meeting Minutes – June 2018

NOTE:  THESE MINUTES ARE PRELIMINARY AND WILL NOT BE FINAL UNTIL APPROVED, BY MEMBER VOTE, AT THE NEXT CLUB MEETING.  IN THE FUTURE, MINUTES WILL BE POSTED ON THE CLUB WEB PAGE ASAP FOLLOWING EACH MEETING TO ENSURE ALL MEMBERS HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO REVIEW CLUB MEETING MINUTES AS SOON AS POSSIBLE FOLLOWING EACH MEETING.  PLEASE NOTIFY THE CLUB SECRETARY (CURRENTLY GEORGE KEEFE), VIA EMAIL (gkeefe5019@charter.net), OF ANY CORRECTIONS AND/OR ERRORS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE

Meeting called to order:

  • 09:000AM by Dave Jamrog

Secretary’s Report:

  • Minutes from last meeting reviewed Secretary George Keefe
  • Since meeting minutes will be posted on the Web Page as soon as possible following the meeting, there will not be a complete reading of the past minutes at meetings. (Time Management concerns)
  • Minutes from last meeting approved by member vote

Treasurers Report:

  • Reviewed by Treasurer Dave Verhoff
  • In the future actual financial data may be accessed and reviewed in the Member Section of the Club’s Web Page.
  • 11 sailing club members have joined as associate members.
  • 9 new flying members have joined since last meeting.
  • Report approved by member vote.

Safety Report/Field Maintenance:

  •  Safety Officer John Russcher brief:
    • Just be aware and careful of the new trees planted by the field owner.
    • Stay off grass areas with vehicles.

Visitors:

  • None

Announcements:

  • Calendar on the website and Facebook are updated.
  • Reminder by Club VP about next 3 Monday Come Fly and Sail Events.

Old Business:

  • None

New Business:              

  • Field owner, Steve Klinginberg has expressed concern about the Club’s continued use of the flying field. Some of the concerns include:
    • Driving on grass along the driveway.
    • Possible damage to surrounding trees, etc..
  • The Club Officers are in discussions with the landlord to insure that any issues are resolved.
    • As a backup plan, however, a committee was established to investigate possible future sites for a Club flying field. Committee volunteers are John Russher and Scott Storteboom.
    • Attached below some reference info concerning flying site selection. Double click (or whatever clicks your system requires) on the below icon.  Just maybe it will let you open some interesting info concerning site selection and retention.  Let me (Club Secretary) know if the below link does not work.  Then I will get the info contained our to everyone via an alternate method.
    • AMA-Finding A Site

Events:

  • For all planned events dates and times, please refer to the Club calendar on our Web and Face Book pages.

Comments and Questions:                                                                                  

Next Meeting:

  • Wednesday, 11 July 2018 at 1800(6PM)at the field. July hotdog night is also at this time.

Attendees:  

Dave Jamrog, George Keefe, Bob Kovacs, Ron Nienhuis, Bill Porter, John Russher, Lucas Russher, Ryan Storteboom, Scott Storteboom, Jim Tibbitts, Michael VanAanhold, David VerHoef, Larry Weller, Mort Wright

 

 

 

 

Meeting Minutes – May 2018

NOTE:  THESE MINUTES ARE PRELIMINARY AND WILL NOT BE FINAL UNTIL APPROVED, BY MEMBER VOTE, AT THE NEXT CLUB MEETING.  IN THE FUTURE, MINUTES WILL BE POSTED ON THE CLUB WEB PAGE ASAP FOLLOWING EACH MEETING TO ENSURE ALL MEMBERS HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO REVIEW CLUB MEETING MINUTES AS SOON AS POSSIBLE FOLLOWING EACH MEETING.  PLEASE NOTIFY THE CLUB SECRETARY (CURRENTLY GEORGE KEEFE), VIA EMAIL (gkeefe5019@charter.net), OF ANY CORRECTIONS AND/OR ERRORS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE

Meeting called to order:

  • 07:02PM by Dave Jamrog

Secretary’s Report:

  • Minutes from last meeting reviewed Secretary George Keefe
  • Minutes from last meeting approved by member vote

Treasurers Report:

  • Reviewed by John Russcher
  • As of today we have $3,245.84 in the checkbook.
  • Currently 34 members (out of 37 members) have paid current 2018 dues.
  • 11 sailing club members will join as associate members.
  • Two new flying members have joined, Michael Bingham and Scott Bunting.
  • Report approved by member vote.

Safety Report/Field Maintenance:

  • NOTES FROM SAFETY OFFICER John Russcher:
    • Club needs to purchase a Life Ring for the pond since the new model sailing activities will be commencing..
  • New Members:
  • Tom Heetderks. Application given to Secretary (George Keefe) at the meeting.  Dues still payable.

Visitors:

  • None

Announcements:

  • Calendar on the website and Facebook are updated.
  • The website is now a paid service so it no longer will have adds on it.
  • Mike T. will rework the layout over the next month. Mike completed his rework.  BRAVO ZULU!!!  GREAT JOB!!

Old Business:

  • None

New Business:              

  • None

Events:

  • For all planned events dates and times, please refer to the Club calendar on our Web and Face Book pages.

Comments and Questions:

Next Meeting

  • Saturday, June 2 at 9:00 am at the field
  • Meeting adjourned: (09:17PM) by member vote.  Fantastic day, weather wise, and members wanted to get flying!

Meeting attendees:

  • ATTENDEES:  Dave Jamrog, Dale Kardux,  Steve Kastens, Tyler Kastens, George Keefe, Bob Kovacs,  Kenny Ly, Ron Nienhuis, Mike Rose, John Russcher, Scott Storteboom, Mike Tharp, Jim Tibbitts, Roger Woltman, Mort Wright……..Tom Heetderks was at the meeting and provided documents for becoming a TCAF meeting.

Meeting Minutes – April 2018

NOTE:  THESE MINUTES ARE PRELIMINARY AND WILL NOT BE FINAL UNTIL APPROVED, BY MEMBER VOTE, AT THE NEXT CLUB MEETING.  IN THE FUTURE, MINUTES WILL BE POSTED ON THE CLUB WEB PAGE ASAP FOLLOWING EACH MEETING TO ENSURE ALL MEMBERS HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO REVIEW CLUB MEETING MINUTES AS SOON AS POSSIBLE FOLLOWING EACH MEETING.  PLEASE NOTIFY THE CLUB SECRETARY (CURRENTLY GEORGE KEEFE), VIA EMAIL (gkeefe5019@charter.net), OF ANY CORRECTIONS AND/OR ERRORS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE

Meeting called to order:

  • 07:00PM by Dave Jamrog
  • Fred Vander Ploeg and Will from the Grand Haven RC club was visiting. He discussed doing a west Michigan festival at the Grand Haven airport.
    • The goal of the festival is to introduce the public to RC flying.
    • Would like to grow the festival to a full scale air show in 7 years.
    • Current dates for the show is June 23, 2018. Next year in late August or early September.
    • The public would have free admission and free parking.
    • Onsite a craft show, car show, open RC flying and a coast guard helicopter demo
    • Times from 8 am to 10 pm.
    • Next year the festival will be expanded to 3 days.
    • A 10 year contract with the city of Grand Haven for use of the airport has been signed.
    • Fred is looking for volunteers and RC pilots to attend.

Secretary’s Report:

  • Minutes from last meeting reviewed by John Russcher
  • Minutes from last meeting approved by member vote

Treasurers Report:

  • Reviewed by Treasurer Dave VerHoef
  • As of today we have $2,885.84 in the checkbook.
  • 28 members fully paid for 2018 another 3 members paid at the meeting another $180
  • 10 sailing club members will join as associate members
  • $500 for the field lease will be paid
  • Report approved by member vote

Safety Report/Field Maintenance:

  • NOTES FROM SAFETY OFFICER John Russcher:
    • Discussed safety procedures with sailing members.
    • Sailing members will sail from south of the pump house.
  •  
  • New Members:
  • Mike Gronback joined after a long hiatus.

Visitors:

  • Fred Vander Ploeg

Announcements:

  • Calendar on the website and Facebook are nearly updated.
  • The website is now a paid service so it no longer will have adds on it.
  • Mike T. will rework the layout over the next month.

Old Business:

  • Motion to approve the changes to the Bi-Laws as written.
  • Motion approved by member vote.
  • The changes included adding an associate membership for sailing members.

New Business:              

  • None

Events:

  • For all planned events dates and times, please refer to the Club calendar on our Web and Face Book pages.

Comments and Questions:

Next Meeting

  • Saturday, May 5 at 9:00 am at the field
  • Meeting adjourned: (8:05PM) by member vote.

Meeting attendees:

  • ATTENDEES:  Dave Jamrog, Dave VerHoef, Mike Rose, John Russcher, Lucas Russcher, Mike Tharp,  Bob Kovacs, Mike Gronback, Steve Kastens, Tyler Kastens, Ray Weller, Terry Moll, Scott Storteboom.

Meeting Minutes – March 2018

Meeting called to order:

  • 1902(07:02PM)      by Safety Officer John Ruscher.  (Dave Jamrog out of town and not available for this meeting)

Secretary’s Report:

  • Minutes from last meeting reviewed by George Keefe
  • Minutes from last meeting approved by member vote

Treasurers Report:

  • Reviewed by Treasurer Dave VerHoef
  • As of today we have $2700.81 in the checkbook.
  • Various expenses, such as field rent, mowing expenses, porta-poti costs were paid during this reporting period
  • 22 members fully paid for 2018
  • Report approved by member vote

Safety Report/Field Maintenance:

  • NOTES FROM SAFETY OFFICER John Russcher:
    • No safety issues this period.

 

  • New Members:
  • Justin Boetsma provided a brief self biography to members present.

Visitors:

  • None

Announcements:

  • Refer to Calendar of Events.

Old Business:

  • Sailing Club: motion to proceed and talk with Steve about using the pond for sailing
    • Completed and approved with owner.
  • Club now has a debit card in possession of the Club Treasurer.
  • Anchoring down of new tables at the field still needs to be completed as the weather improves.

New Business:              

  • Changes to Bi-Laws and Club Membership Application (copies of both where provided to all members via email prior to this meeting) where discussed and changes/corrections requested.
    • Minor editorial changes where made.
  • Final approval shall be at the next meeting in April 2018 by member vote.

Events:

  • For all planned events dates and times, please refer to the Club calendar on our Web and Face Book pages.

Comments and Questions:

Next Meeting

  • Monday, 2 April 2018 at 1900 (7PM) at the Cobblestone Hobby!
  • Meeting adjourned:2000 (8:00PM) by member vote.

Meeting attendees:

  • ATTENDEES:  Justin Boetsma, Steve Kastens, George Keefe, Mike Rose, John Russcher, Lucas Russcher, Mike Tharp,  Michael Van Aanhold,  David VerHoef, Ray Weller.

Meeting Minutes – October 2017

Meeting called to order:

  • 1903(07:03PM)      by President DaveJamrog

Secretary’s Report:

  • Minutes from last meeting reviewed by David Ver Hoef
  • Minutes from last meeting approved by member vote

Treasurers Report:

  • Reviewed by Treasurer Dave VerHoef
  • As of today we have $3,732.31 in the checkbook.
  • The non-profit annual report was submitted at a cost of $20.  The next big expense is mowing which will come in December.  It looks like we should be in the black for this year.
  • 36 members fully paid
  • Motion by Mort, 2nd by Bill, Passed

Safety Report/Field Maintenance:

  • NOTES FROM SAFETY OFFICER John Russcher:
    • During the last combat event, spectators were seated near the building and were advised to be attentive to the airplanes especially during the flights.  Mike VA did remind a few spectators to be attentive.
    • Motion Mort, 2nd Mike, passed

 

  • New Members:
  • None

Visitors:

  • Jack Knoblauch, RC Model Sail Racing Club

Announcements:

  • None

Old Business:

  • Sailing Club: motion to proceed and talk with Steve about using the pond for sailing
  • Passed

New Business:              

  • Treasurer David Ver Hoef asked if he could get a debit card for the club. Approved

Events:

  • For all planned events dates and times, please refer to the Club calendar on our Web and Face Book pages.

Comments and Questions:

Next Meeting

  • Monday, 5 March 2018 at 1900 (7PM) at the Cobblestone Hobby!
  • Meeting adjourned:2000 (8:00PM) by member vote.

Meeting attendees:

  • ATTENDEES:Dave Jamrog,John Russcher,Lucas Russcher, Bob Kovacs, Kenny Ly, Jack Knoblauch, Bill McVea, Michael Van Aanhold,  David VerHoef, Mort Wright