NOTE: THESE MINUTES ARE PRELIMINARY AND WILL NOT BE FINAL UNTIL APPROVED, BY MEMBER VOTE, AT THE NEXT CLUB MEETING. IN THE FUTURE, MINUTES WILL BE POSTED ON THE CLUB WEB PAGE ASAP FOLLOWING EACH MEETING TO ENSURE ALL MEMBERS HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO REVIEW CLUB MEETING MINUTES AS SOON AS POSSIBLE FOLLOWING EACH MEETING. PLEASE NOTIFY THE CLUB SECRETARY (CURRENTLY GEORGE KEEFE), VIA EMAIL (email@example.com), OF ANY CORRECTIONS AND/OR ERRORS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE
Meeting called to order:
- 07:00PM by Dave Jamrog
- Fred Vander Ploeg and Will from the Grand Haven RC club was visiting. He discussed doing a west Michigan festival at the Grand Haven airport.
- The goal of the festival is to introduce the public to RC flying.
- Would like to grow the festival to a full scale air show in 7 years.
- Current dates for the show is June 23, 2018. Next year in late August or early September.
- The public would have free admission and free parking.
- Onsite a craft show, car show, open RC flying and a coast guard helicopter demo
- Times from 8 am to 10 pm.
- Next year the festival will be expanded to 3 days.
- A 10 year contract with the city of Grand Haven for use of the airport has been signed.
- Fred is looking for volunteers and RC pilots to attend.
- Minutes from last meeting reviewed by John Russcher
- Minutes from last meeting approved by member vote
- Reviewed by Treasurer Dave VerHoef
- As of today we have $2,885.84 in the checkbook.
- 28 members fully paid for 2018 another 3 members paid at the meeting another $180
- 10 sailing club members will join as associate members
- $500 for the field lease will be paid
- Report approved by member vote
Safety Report/Field Maintenance:
- NOTES FROM SAFETY OFFICER John Russcher:
- Discussed safety procedures with sailing members.
- Sailing members will sail from south of the pump house.
- New Members:
- Mike Gronback joined after a long hiatus.
- Fred Vander Ploeg
- Calendar on the website and Facebook are nearly updated.
- The website is now a paid service so it no longer will have adds on it.
- Mike T. will rework the layout over the next month.
- Motion to approve the changes to the Bi-Laws as written.
- Motion approved by member vote.
- The changes included adding an associate membership for sailing members.
- For all planned events dates and times, please refer to the Club calendar on our Web and Face Book pages.
Comments and Questions:
- Saturday, May 5 at 9:00 am at the field
- Meeting adjourned: (8:05PM) by member vote.
- ATTENDEES: Dave Jamrog, Dave VerHoef, Mike Rose, John Russcher, Lucas Russcher, Mike Tharp, Bob Kovacs, Mike Gronback, Steve Kastens, Tyler Kastens, Ray Weller, Terry Moll, Scott Storteboom.