NOTE: THESE MINUTES ARE PRELIMINARY AND WILL NOT BE FINAL UNTIL APPROVED, BY MEMBER VOTE, AT THE NEXT CLUB MEETING. IN THE FUTURE, MINUTES WILL BE POSTED ON THE CLUB WEB PAGE ASAP FOLLOWING EACH MEETING TO ENSURE ALL MEMBERS HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO REVIEW CLUB MEETING MINUTES AS SOON AS POSSIBLE FOLLOWING EACH MEETING. PLEASE NOTIFY THE CLUB SECRETARY (CURRENTLY GEORGE KEEFE), VIA EMAIL (email@example.com), OF ANY CORRECTIONS AND/OR ERRORS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE
Meeting called to order:
- 09:000AM by Dave Jamrog
- Minutes from last meeting reviewed Secretary George Keefe
- Since meeting minutes will be posted on the Web Page as soon as possible following the meeting, there will not be a complete reading of the past minutes at meetings. (Time Management concerns)
- Minutes from last meeting approved by member vote
- Reviewed by Treasurer Dave Verhoff
- In the future actual financial data may be accessed and reviewed in the Member Section of the Club’s Web Page.
- 11 sailing club members have joined as associate members.
- 9 new flying members have joined since last meeting.
- Report approved by member vote.
Safety Report/Field Maintenance:
- Safety Officer John Russcher brief:
- Just be aware and careful of the new trees planted by the field owner.
- Stay off grass areas with vehicles.
- Calendar on the website and Facebook are updated.
- Reminder by Club VP about next 3 Monday Come Fly and Sail Events.
- Field owner, Steve Klinginberg has expressed concern about the Club’s continued use of the flying field. Some of the concerns include:
- Driving on grass along the driveway.
- Possible damage to surrounding trees, etc..
- The Club Officers are in discussions with the landlord to insure that any issues are resolved.
- As a backup plan, however, a committee was established to investigate possible future sites for a Club flying field. Committee volunteers are John Russher and Scott Storteboom.
- Attached below some reference info concerning flying site selection. Double click (or whatever clicks your system requires) on the below icon. Just maybe it will let you open some interesting info concerning site selection and retention. Let me (Club Secretary) know if the below link does not work. Then I will get the info contained our to everyone via an alternate method.
- AMA-Finding A Site
- For all planned events dates and times, please refer to the Club calendar on our Web and Face Book pages.
Comments and Questions:
- Wednesday, 11 July 2018 at 1800(6PM)at the field. July hotdog night is also at this time.
Dave Jamrog, George Keefe, Bob Kovacs, Ron Nienhuis, Bill Porter, John Russher, Lucas Russher, Ryan Storteboom, Scott Storteboom, Jim Tibbitts, Michael VanAanhold, David VerHoef, Larry Weller, Mort Wright