NOTE: THESE MINUTES ARE PRELIMINARY AND WILL NOT BE FINAL UNTIL APPROVED, BY MEMBER VOTE, AT THE NEXT CLUB MEETING. PLEASE NOTIFY THE CLUB SECRETARY JOHN RUSSCHER, VIA EMAIL (email@example.com) OF ANY CORRECTIONS AND/OR ERRORS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
Meeting called to order:
- 7:03PM by Dave Jamrog
- Minutes from last meeting were posted on TCAF Web page for review. No edits or errors were brought up by email or at this meeting.
- The October meeting minutes were approved by member vote.
- Treasurer Dave Ver Hoef reviewed the clubs account balance and expenditures. This information can be found in the member’s only area of the club webpage or by contacting Dave Ver Hoef.
- The 2018 mowing was paid, first half of 2019 field rent, portable toilet was cleaned, PO Box rent and AMA charger was renewed.
- The treasures report was approved by member vote.
Safety Report/Field Maintenance:
- Safety Officer George Keefe was not present.
- Dennis Delo
- Current Field: Our current leave with Steve Klingenberg is good to the end of 2020. Steve plans on honoring the lease.
- The rope at the entrance of the field is there to keep trespassers and the farmer of the land around our field out. You can unhook the rope to pass through and reconnect it when you leave. Please don’t forget to reconnect the rope when you leave.
- Also, as the spring can be damp, PLEASE stay on the path and off the grass as you drive back to the field. If you are afraid of getting your vehicle dirty then that might not be the best day to fly.
- If you are confronted by Steve please have your membership card handy to show him. If anything escalates please be courteous and contact one of the officers.
- Mike Tharp filed our 501c3 and is waiting for a response. The Federal government shutdown has delayed their processing of these applications. UPDATE: on March 19th Mike was able to find out that our application has been assigned to a person. Depending on their workload it could take them up to a month to process our application.
- New Field: 8427 Taylor Street. There is an existing runway that had been used for flying model airplanes. We have a handshake agreement to get to know each other better and feel out the site for flying. The runway will be mowed and we will be able to fly on it this summer to test it out and see how we might have to improve it to our standards. The field is on the north side of the road and slightly north west of the small wooded area in the center of the property. This site is also home of Rust n Dust antique tracker show. For flyting there this summer on a test basis we were asked to fly during their Rust n Dust show. We have talked about doing demo flights, combat and have guest fly our apprentice airplanes.
- For all planned events dates and times, please refer to the Club calendar on our Web and Face Book pages.
Comments and Questions:
- Monday, April 8th, 2019 at 7pm at Cobblestone Hobby in Holland.
- 8:01pm meeting adjourned.
- Dave Jamrog, John Russcher, Scott Storteboom, Dave Ver Hoef, Lucas Russcher, Mike Tharp, Bob Kovacs, Ray Weller, Kenny Ly, Justin Boetsma, Steve Kastens