NOTE: THESE MINUTES ARE PRELIMINARY AND WILL NOT BE FINAL UNTIL APPROVED, BY MEMBER VOTE, AT THE NEXT CLUB MEETING. PLEASE NOTIFY THE CLUB SECRETARY JOHN RUSSCHER, VIA EMAIL (email@example.com) OF ANY CORRECTIONS AND/OR ERRORS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
Meeting called to order:
- 7:01pm by Dave Jamrog
- Minutes from last meeting were posted on TCAF Web page for review. No edits or errors were brought up by email or at this meeting.
- The March meeting minutes were approved by member vote.
- Treasurer Dave Ver Hoef reviewed the clubs account balance and expenditures. This information can be found in the member’s only area of the club webpage or by contacting Dave Ver Hoef.
- $80 was paid out to the AMA for insurance for the Taylor street flying site.
- The treasures report was approved by member vote.
Safety Report/Field Maintenance:
- Safety Officer George Keefe was not present.
- Garrett Van Der Duim – Garrett was a member of TCAF in the past and is getting back into the hobby.
- 501c3 – we got a request for more information about our application. Mike Tharp has responded with the requested information and hopefully we will have an approved application in the next few weeks.
- Field Reminder – When using the current field you can unhook the strap across the driveway when you arrive and leave it unhooked while you are at the field. The last person to leave needs to reconnect the strap across the driveway. Also, please stay on the driveway and off the grass when you arrive and leave.
- New Field: 8427 Taylor Street. The runway has been mowed and rolled and is ready for use. Several things were brought up about the Taylor street site as noted below.
- There is a private airport/runway on the corner of 96th Ave and Taylor Street.
- Who is going to mow; one person, rotation by members, pay a service? Much discussion was had including buying a lawn mower and setting up a mowing rotation by members.
- If we are going to have a mower onsite then it needs to be stored in a safe place. Some kind of structure. Several things were discussed including a shipping container or a small shed.
- Grass length; the grass needs to be mowed shorter, 1 1/2” range. At our current field the grass is to long for smaller foam models and edf jets.
- No trash cans. To keep the site as clean as possible please take home any trash.
- Having two sites can lose some comradery if some members are at each site.
- Transition plan should be worked on for moving from our current site to Taylor Street.
- Taylor Street grass cleanup. When the field was mowed for the first time the grass was very long. There is a lot of grass clippings along the south edge of the field where the flight line will be. We need to organize a cleanup night to move the grass clippings to the north edge of the field. Also we should stake off the driveway and parking areas. Thursday, April 18th was selected as the date. If the weather is bad we will be reschedule it for the following week.
- Mike VanAanhold had some TCAF logo stickers made and handed them out at the meeting. Dave VerHoef has the box of stickers and will make them available at the future club meetings. Thanks Mike! – ADDED 4/23/19 by jr
- For all planned events dates and times, please refer to the Club calendar on our Web and Face Book pages.
Comments and Questions:
- Monday, May 6th, 2019 at 7pm at the Club 146th Ave Field
- 8:19pm meeting adjourned.
Dave Jamrog, John Russcher, Scott Storteboom, Dave Ver Hoef, Mike “Fluffy Waffle Buns” Tharp, Justin Boetsma, Tom Heetderks, Larry Weller, Dan Thomann, Mike VanAanhold, Mike Gronback, Mike Rose, Bill Porter