NOTE: These minutes are preliminary and will not be final until approved by member vote at the next club meeting. Please notify the club secretary John Russcher, via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) of any corrections and/or errors as soon as possible.
Meeting called to order:
- 7:10pm by Dave Jamrog
- Minutes from last meeting were posted on TCAF Web page for review. No edits or errors were brought up by email or at this meeting.
- The June meeting minutes were approved by member vote.
- Treasurer Dave Ver Hoef was absent so secretary John Russcher gave the treasures report.
- The club expenditures and account balance was reviewed. This information can be found in the member’s only area of the club webpage or by contacting treasure Dave Ver Hoef.
- Received money from combat entry fees and the donations from hot dogs before combat.
- The 2nd half of the 2019 field lease was paid.
- The treasures report was approved by member vote.
Safety Report/Field Maintenance:
- Safety Officer George Keefe was not present but posted his second TCAF Safety Gram 002 on the web site.
- Brad Batjes – Brad is a field of Kelly Ellerbroek and Tom Heetderks and is interested in joining the club.
Announcements and Upcoming Events:
- Pot Luck and Fly is Wednesday August 7th at 6pm. Bring a dish to pass, tableware, chair and an airplane to fly afterwards. This is for members and your families.
- Rust n’ Dust – Friday and Saturday, August 9th and 10th. This event is very important to the land owners on Taylor Street. Our participation in this event is very important! Please come out and participate! Help with the combat or buddy box events and fly your airplane during the open flying times. Any airplane, big or small, foam or balsa is entertaining to the community!
- Thursday night is setup. We will be starting at 6:30. Come out and help if you are able.
- Friday we have open flying 1pm – 4pm and buddy box flying 4pm -6:30pm.
- Saturday we have combat starting at 12:30pm – 2pm, buddy box flying 2pm – 4pm and open flying 4pm – 6:30.
- Streamer Combat – Wednesday the 14th. Combat is a great event to watch. We have had 30 to 40 spectators at each event. Bring out your family, neighbors and friends to enjoy a hot dog and be entertained by the combat. Hot dogs will be ready at 6pm, combat starts at 6:30.
- For all planned events dates and times please refer to the Club calendar on our Web and Face Book pages.
- Dave Jamrog had a conversation with Steve’s wife when she was mowing the field. She would like us to stay but Steve has not changed his mind. Dave meet with Steve on Saturday the 3rd and had a good talk about the driveway and gate. In the end Steve has NOT changed his mind about us leaving at the end of 2020.
- Taylor street site. We will be getting together with the family to work of a lease for moving to their property. We will also explore any other spots on their property. We hope to have a rough lease outline at the September meeting.
- Next year we will have our current field and Taylor Street as an expense. If Taylor Street is ready do we want to leave our current field early or do we want to maintain and pay for both fields as a transition. We will discuss this at the September meet. Please be in attendance so that your voice can be heard.
Comments and Questions:
- (This was not talked about at the meeting but I wanted to include it for your information). Mowing schedule for Taylor Street is going well! If you would like to be added to the list we can use your help. Please contact John Russcher to be added to the rotation.
- Monday, September 9th, 2019 at 7pm at the Club 146th Ave Field, bring an airplane to fly after the meeting!
- 7:44pm meeting adjourned.
- Dave Jamrog, John Russcher, Scott Storteboom, Mike Tharp, Tom Heetderks, Mike VanAanhold, Bill Porter, Ray Weller, Steve Kastens, Tyler Kastens, Lucas Russcher, Ron Nienhuis, Garrett van der Duim, Mike Rose