NOTE: These minutes are preliminary and will not be final until approved by member vote at the next club meeting. Please notify the club secretary John Russcher, via email (email@example.com) of any corrections and/or errors as soon as possible.
Meeting called to order:
- 7:03pm by Dave Jamrog
- Minutes from last meeting were posted on TCAF Web page for review. No edits or errors were brought up by email or at this meeting.
- The August’s meeting minutes were approved by member vote.
- Treasurer Dave Ver Hoef gave the treasures report.
- The club expenditures and account balance was reviewed. This information can be found in the member’s only area of the club webpage or by contacting treasure Dave Ver Hoef.
- The treasures report was approved by member vote.
Safety Report/Field Maintenance:
- Safety Officer George Keefe was not present. George is working on TCAF Safety Gram 003 and will post it on the club web site when completed.
Announcements and Upcoming Events:
- Save the DATE! Mike Tharp and Dave Kingma are working on putting together a Fall Ball Fun Fly Event on Saturday October 12th. Probable starting around 10am to about 2pm or so. Below are some rough details. This event will be perfect for your Bloody Baron combat airplane or something similar like a FT wing or epp airplane or wing. Don’t bring anything that you are in love with. Donuts with coffee and cider when you arrive and pull pork and bbq at lunch. Spectators are encouraged and welcome. This should be a lot of fun to participate in and watch!
- For all planned events dates and times please refer to the Club calendar on our Web and Facebook pages.
- Lease for Taylor Street field will be for 5 years. The year 2020 rent will be $1,000 and continued participation with Rust n Dust. Future years rent will be based on the club
- Discussion about Taylor Street field, pits and parking layout.
- After a great deal of discussion about keeping two fields it was decided to contact Steve Klingenberg about terminating our lease at the end of 2019.
- The following two motions were made and approved by member vote.
1 – Talk to Steve Klingenberg about letting us out of our lease at the end of 2019.
2 – The club officers will be the steering committee to coordinate and make decisions about the transition from our club field to the Taylor street site. The steering committee is authorized to spend money for the transition to the new field as outlined in the expenditure section of the bi-laws. Members will be notified by email of these expenditures.
- Election of officers. George Keefe asked to step down as safety officer. Steve Kastens has volunteered for the position. All other officers were willing to continue in their positions. Steve Kastens was approved as safety officer by member vote.
- New board for 2020; President – Dave Jamrog, Vice President – Scott Storteboom, Treasurer – Dave Ver Hoef, Secretary – John Russcher, Safety Officer – Steve Kastens
- Thank you to George for his service to the club as secretary first then safety officer.
Comments and Questions:
- Monday, October 7th, 2019 at 7pm at Cobblestone Crafts and Hobbies
- 7:54pm meeting adjourned.
- Very nice to see the large attendance to this meeting. Members present: Dave Jamrog, John Russcher, Mike Tharp, Tom Heetderks, Mike VanAanhold, Bill Porter, Ray Weller, Steve Kastens, Tyler Kastens, Lucas Russcher, Ron Nienhuis, Garrett Van Der Duim, Mike Rose, Larry Weller, Mort Wright, Bob Kovacs, Daniel Thomann, Terry Moll, Dave Ver Hoef, Justin Boetsma