NOTE: These minutes are preliminary and will not be final until approved by member vote at the next club meeting. Please notify the club secretary John Russcher, via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) of any corrections and/or errors as soon as possible.
Meeting called to order:
- 7:05pm by Dave Jamrog
Secretary’s Report: John Russcher
- Due to the May 9th, 2022 meeting minutes not being posted to the website we read them in their entirely.
- A motion was made, seconded and the May 9th, 2022 meeting minutes were approved by member vote.
Treasurer’s Report: Dave VerHoef
- The club expenditures and account balances were reviewed. This includes the general fund, field improvement fund, mower and geotex replacement funds. This information can be found in the member’s only area of the club webpage or by contacting treasurer Dave VerHoef.
- At the time of this meeting there are 68 members.
- A motion was made, seconded and the treasurer’s report was approved by member vote.
Safety Report/Field Maintenance: Steve Kastens
- After the meeting we would like to walk and patch any holes or cuts in the runway.
- If you use anything in the first aid kit, please contact Steve Kastens with what you used so that it can be replaced. (email@example.com)
- The 4 V-shaped pilot stations will be replaced this fall with sections of fence like what we have between the two taxiways. There will be three sections to the west and two sections to the east. Each section will have an opening between them.
- We will also be painting a centerline down the runway and looking into the need for X’s at the end of the runway.
- A motion was made, seconded and approved by member vote.
Visitors and/or New Members:
- No visitors
- The remaining dirt pile will be spread and leveled later this fall when we are ready to put grass seed down. This will allow us to plant the grass seed in soft dirt instead of having to work with the hard ground.
- Officer nominations. Dave Jamrog (president), Scott Storteboom (VP), John Russcher (secretary), Steve Kastens (Safety) are willing to continue as club officers. Dave VerHoef (treasurer) would like to be done. Dave has served the club for 10 years as treasurer and has been a huge asset in the leadership of the club. We opened up nominations and did not receive any during the meeting.
- Tyler and Steve Kastens attended the Aviation Day 2022 at West Michigan Regional Airport on Saturday August 20th. The showed off a variety of model airplanes and talked to allot of kids and adults about our hobby.
Announcements and Upcoming Events:
- Upcoming events.
- Wednesday August 24th – 2nd to last Combat. Hot Dogs at 6pm, Combat starts at 6:30.
- Saturday August 27th – Team Drone Race. Races start in the afternoon and will continue until dark.
- Saturday September 10th – Drone Race. 11am – 3pm
- Wednesday September 14th – Last Combat event. Hot Dogs at 6pm, Combat starts at 6:30.
- Saturday September 17th – 2nd Annual Autumn EDF Jet Event. Registration opens at 9am, Pilots meeting at 9:45, Flying 10am-4pm.
- Monday September 19th – Membership meeting. 7pm at the field.
- Saturday September 24th – Drone Race. 11am – 3pm
Comments and Questions:
- Monday September 19th, 7pm at the field.
- Meeting adjourned at 7:40pm.
- Members present: Dave Jamrog, Scott Storteboom, Dave VerHoef, John Russcher, Steve Kastens, Tyler Kastens, Mike VanAanhold, Bob Kovacs, Kenny Ly, Ray Weller, Ron Nienhuis, Dan Thomann, Russ Verbrugge and Rob Wetterholt.
Addendum: After the meeting Mike VanAanhold approached a couple of the current officers with a few questions about the Treasurer’s positions. After a brief conversation Mike agreed to being nominated for the Treasurer’s position. The officer slate is as follows; President – Dave Jamrog, Vice president – Scott Storteboom, Treasurer – Mike VanAanhold, Secretary – John Russcher, Safety – Steve Kastens. A vote on this slate will be taken at the September meeting.
8/23/2022, 7:16pm – edited for spelling. JR