NOTE: These minutes are preliminary and will not be final until approved by member vote at the next club meeting. Please notify the club secretary John Russcher, via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) of any corrections and/or errors as soon as possible.
Meeting called to order:
- 7:00pm by Dave Jamrog
Secretary’s Report: John Russcher
- The August 22nd, 2022 meeting minutes were posted on the website for review. One spelling edit was made and the minutes were updated on the website.
- A motion was made, seconded and the August 22nd, 2022 meeting minutes were approved by member vote.
Treasurer’s Report: Dave VerHoef
- The club expenditures and account balances were reviewed. This includes the general fund, field improvement fund, mower and geotex replacement funds. This information can be found in the member’s only area of the club webpage or by contacting treasurer Dave VerHoef.
- At the time of this meeting there are 72 members.
- A motion was made, seconded and the treasurer’s report was approved by member vote.
Safety Report/Field Maintenance: Steve Kastens
- Thank you to everybody that helped patch the geotex runway after the last meeting.
- Steve will be talking to Eric from the Wolverine Skyhawks club about what paint they used on their geotex runway for a center line and X’s at each end.
- The starting tables with wheels need to have the pool noodles replaced on the upright wing holds. Steve will be replacing these in the near future.
- Steve is working on a materials list for the additional flightline fence on the east and west sides of the two taxiways. The new fence will replace the four current V shaped pilot stations.
- A motion was made, seconded and approved by member vote.
Visitors and/or New Members:
- No visitors
- A motion to approve the officer slate of President – Dave Jamrog, Vice president – Scott Storteboom, Treasurer – Mike VanAanhold, Secretary – John Russcher, Safety – Steve Kastens was accepted, supported and seconded. The officer slate was approved by member vote.
- A work day will be scheduled yet this fall to assemble the new flightline fence, rake out the top soil after being spread with a tractor and planting seed. You will receive an email with a date and time for this.
- The Officers will be discussing shelter ideas at their fall and winter planning meetings. If you have any ideas or thoughts on what you would like to see please send an email to email@example.com or call any of the club officers.
Announcements and Upcoming Events:
Comments and Questions:
- The January budget meeting will be scheduled for some time in January. You will receive an email in December with the proposed budget and the date, time and location of the meeting.
- Meeting adjourned at 7:17pm.
- Members present: Dave Jamrog, Dave VerHoef, John Russcher, Steve Kastens, Tyler Kastens, Mike VanAanhold, Bob Kovacs, Ray Weller, Ron Nienhuis, Noel Miller, Tom Heetderks and Rob Wetterholt.