NOTE: These minutes are preliminary and will not be final until approved by member vote at the next club meeting. Please notify the club secretary John Russcher, via email (email@example.com) of any corrections and/or errors as soon as possible.
Meeting called to order:
- 7:03pm by Dave Jamrog
Secretary’s Report: John Russcher
- Minutes from October and January special meeting were posted on TCAF Web page for review. No edits or errors were brought up by email or at this meeting.
- The October and January special meeting minutes were approved by member vote.
Treasurer’s Report: Dave Ver Hoef
- The club expenditures and account balance was reviewed. This includes the general fund and Taylor street site improvement balances. This information can be found in the member’s only area of the club webpage or by contacting treasure Dave Ver Hoef.
- The treasures report was approved by member vote.
Safety Report/Field Maintenance: Steve Kastens
- A new Medical Emergency Procedure sign will be created by Steve Kastens for the Taylor street site.
- Hard hats will be required for pilots at our combat events this summer. Any helpers that will be standing on the pilots line will also be required to have a hard hat. John Russcher will have some extra hard hats for the helpers to use if they don’t have their own hard hat.
Visitors and/or New Members:
- Paul Smith from Byron Center joined TCAF this month. Paul has flow quads with the club in Grand Rapids but is flying much more fixed wing aircraft now and is interested in the social aspects of a club.
- Dennis Delo from Zeeland also joined TCAF this month. Dennis is getting back into RC and may need a little help.
Announcements and Upcoming Events:
- The 2020 Combat schedule and rules will be email out soon. The first event will be on Wednesday June 3rd with hot dogs being served before the start of the event.
- Rust n’ Dust will be in August. We need to confirm what the exact dates will be yet with the Ferwerda’s. More details to follow.
- AMA Field Grant – The AMA grant has been submitted and we expect to hear back from the AMA sometime the middle of April.
- Geotex – There is plenty of geotex in stock for when we are ready to order. We can have it delivered or pick it up ourselves in Cincinnati, OH.
- Pledges – If you are unable to give a donation at this time please fill out a donation card and email it to the TCAF, PO Box 2996, Holland, MI 49422-2996 or email any of the club officers. Please indicate an approximant time frame for your donation. This can only happen if EVERY member helps.
- Grass Seed – We had a short discussion about grass seed for the Taylor street field. We are also looking into hydro seeding with the use of a fellow member’s family equipment.
- Bi-Laws – The board will be looking over the bi-laws for parts that need to be removed. References to the sailboat group and associate members. We also need to look at adding the purpose of the club that matches our 501c3 filings. There maybe be other areas that need a rewrite also.
Comments and Questions:
- Monday, March 30th,2020, 7pm at Cobblestone Crafts and Hobbies (THIS MEETING HAS BEEN CANCELED AND WE ARE NOT SCHEDULEING ANY OTHER MEETINGS UNTIL WE ARE PAST THIS COVID-19 HEALTH ISSUE)
- 7:41pm meeting adjourned.
- Members present: Dave Jamrog, John Russcher, Mike Rose, Mike VanAanhold, Ray Weller, Steve Kastens, Tyler Kastens, Larry Weller, Dave Ver Hoef, Scott Storteboom, Kelly Ellerbroek, Tom Heetderks, Dennis Delo and Allen Hatfield