NOTE: These minutes are preliminary and will not be final until approved by member vote at the next club meeting. Please notify the club secretary John Russcher, via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) of any corrections and/or errors as soon as possible.
Meeting called to order:
- 7:01pm by Dave Jamrog
Secretary’s Report: John Russcher
- Minutes from the March meeting were posted on TCAF Web page for review and the highlights were read. No edits or errors were brought up by email or at this meeting.
- The March meeting minutes were approved by member vote.
Treasurer’s Report: Dave Ver Hoef
- The club expenditures and account balance was reviewed. This includes the general fund and Taylor street site improvement balances. This information can be found in the member’s only area of the club webpage or by contacting treasure Dave Ver Hoef.
- The treasures report was approved by member vote.
Safety Report/Field Maintenance: Steve Kastens
- The first aid kit has been attached to the side of one of the tables. It is removable by lifting it off the mounting screws giving easier access to its contents.
- The fire extinguisher has been mounted to the one of the tables.
- Attached to the top of the table is the 911 information sheet. This will help direct first aid responders to our site.
- The three buckets of sand are by the tables. Sand is the best way to put out a lipo fire.
- It was discussed about making a safety channel in our Discord server. If you are not familiar with Discord and want to be part of the daily conversations between members contact John Russcher (email@example.com) for more information.
Visitors and/or New Members:
- No new visitors.
Announcements and Upcoming Events:
- The 2020 Combat schedule and rules will be email out soon. The first event will be on Wednesday June 3rd with hot dogs being served before the start of the event.
- Rust n’ Dust will be in August. We need to confirm what the exact dates will be yet with the Ferwerda’s. More details to follow.
- AMA Field Grant – Scott Storteboom spoke to Tim Jesky (AMA District VP) about our field grant application and what we can do slightly different next year. Tim Jesky offered us $1,500 out of his district budget to help with our site improvements. We received the check from the AMA a week or so ago.
- We discussed the placement of the new shed. It will be located in the parking area near the pits.
- Horizon Hobby donated a E-Flite Turbo Timber to our club. We are selling tickets for a chance to win this great airplane. Tickets are 1 for $5 or 5 for $20. All proceeds will go to the field improvement fund. Tickets can be purchased from any of the club officers.
- Field fall work schedule was reviewed and are at the end of these minutes.
- We reviewed the new bylaws one article at the time. There was some discussions on a few of the articles. The officers will make the appropriate updates base on the member input and email a revised copy to all members.
Comments and Questions:
- To be determined by email.
- 8:55pm meeting adjourned.
- Members present: Dave Jamrog, John Russcher, Dave VerHoef, Scott Storteboom, Steve Kastens, Mike VanAanhold, Ray Weller, Tyler Kastens, Tom Heetderks, John VanBaren, Garrett VanderDuim, Paul Smith, Greg Markley, Ryan Klein, Bob Kovacs, Johnothon Goeke, Jeff Kubascik, Russ Verbrugge, Ryan Quellet and Mike Gronback
TCAF Taylor Street Field Work Plan
Hired Work To Be Done
- Disc Field – Rob Ferwerda
- Dozer Work – Dave Schneider
- September 20th (Sunday) – Last day that the field will be open
- September 21st to 25th (Monday -Friday) – Disc and Excavate the complete property
- September 23rd / 24th (Wednesday/Thursday) – Pick up Geotex
- September 25th (Friday) – steps 1, 2 & 3
- Drag Field multiple times/directions, Couple guys with rakes for small spots and edges.
- Roll Geotex area multiple times.
- Preen Geotex area.
- September 26th (Saturday) – steps 4 – 6
- Lay line down for the first roll of Geotex, Use the same line or chalk line for the next two rolls of Geotex.
- Cut a small ditch around the perimeter of where the Geotex runway will go.
- Install Geotex staking down every 12” at first then going back to add one stake between each of the original stakes (6” spacing in the end).
- September 28th / 29th (Monday/Tuesday) – steps 7 – 10
- Trench around the edges of the Geotex and cover the edges of with dirt.
- Seed field around the Geotex.
- Roll seeded area.
- Fertilize seeded area